Thought I'd take a break from the norm, and talk about my happiness project, and about a couple of the things I'm doing at the moment.
The week I was in the hospital, during one of my day passes, I was at Shoppers. I saw this bright blue book with a really cute cover (they say never judge a book by its cover, but I totally do) and it was called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. I thought to myself: "Well, I'm in the hospital for depression and the likes, why not read a book about happiness?" Turns it out that it's one of the best books I've ever read. Like it has officially made its way into my top five corner.
A happiness project is exactly that: a project. You work for a certain period of time to make resolutions that you will keep and ultimately become a happier person. It sounded lame at first, but the more I read and realized how much Gretchen and I had in common, the more I realized that there were so many things keeping me from being happy. And the first step to creating a happiness project is to make a set of commandments to which you live your life by. For example, here are mine:
1 - Be yourself
2 - Don't be afraid
3 - Let it go
4 - Do things now, rather then later
5 - Everything ends; that's okay
6 - Go outside
7 - There's no rush
8 - Act how you feel
9 - Say what you want
10 - Just say yes
11 - Just say no
12 - There is only good
As I go on, I'll be explaining more about these (for example, why two of them contradict each other) and how they help me in my day to day life. Next post, I'll also write about some of the little secrets I've learned so far in life. Some of them are common sense, others are much more profound though mundane. Until then, be happy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment