Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho, off to the hospital I go. Went really.

After what feels like an extraordinarily busy week, I am back home, and back into the groove of things. 
Now where did I leave off? Oh right. Into the hospital I went.
I'm not gonna lie. I was REALLY scared the first two days. I mean, who really wants to admit that they were admitted to a psych ward? And everything was so different compared to my past hospitalizations. I asked my doctor if I was allowed to have visitors, and he answered: "Of course, this isn't a prison." But ya know what? It kind of was in a way. I was only allowed off the ward between 730am and 830am and from 4 to 9. And only for twenty minutes at a time. My friends and family could only visit from 4 to 9 Monday to Friday, and 11 to 9, Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't allowed to have my cellphone, or my pillow or any comforts from home really. No teddy bears, or memorabilia of any sort. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were served at specific times, and if you missed it, well too bad. You could make yourself toast if you were really hungry though. You had to keep your room tidy and you had to watch how you dressed. Everything felt so confined. It made me feel crazier than I actually was. 
The worse part? Their potato salad was GOD AWFUL! 
Seriously though, I was miserable at first. I wrote a lot though, and it helped soothe my anxieties about being trapped in a steel and glass cage. At least I had the whole room to myself. 
And then I got a roommate. 
Next time I think I'll post some entries from a project I'm working on; it's related to the whole being crazy thing. Until then folks, keep smiling and be happy :)

No comments: