It has been FAR too long. So much has happened, so much has changed, and so much more will. I have made a lot of [positive] changes in my life, and I have been feeling fantastic! So I decided that my blog needed some updates (not to mention a bit of a facelift!), some pictures, and a lot more attention. To start things off, I thought a nice long post detailing what's been going would be in order.
First and foremost, I am currently on sick leave from school for the semester. I won't really go into details, but let's just say that I needed some time off to focus on both my mental and physical health. It kind of made me sad to take time away from school, but looking at how I've been feeling for the last three weeks, I definitely needed it.
I've had a bit of an epiphany the other day, and it's kind of changed everything. One of the problems I had been having in terms of school was that I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do once I was done with my BA. I thought I wanted to teach, but after watching my best friend Alissa do her education, I wasn't so sure... She is loving what she's doing, but as I looked at her classes and what she had to do for them, I realized that I am just not interested in any of it. Then, the other night (at like 4 in the morning!), I was organizing some books (I'll explain that part later), and something hit me: I am OBSESSED with books and everything that has to do with books. I love reading them, looking at them, smelling them, organizing them... It's kind of ridiculous. I remember in school (from Elementary to High School), I used to always help out the librarians at lunchtime. I kind of had a crush on the Dewey Decimal System. So it hit me that I should probably become a librarian. Magoo and I did some research, and apparently I can get my Masters in Information Studies (or something along those lines) at Dal University in Halifax. So now that's my game plan. I'm really excited about this. I feel like I finally have a plan, like I know what I'm doing and what I'm meant to do. It makes me feel really good.
And another thing that makes me feel fantastic is this great purge I've just done. I did a COMPLETE spring cleaning these past couple of weeks, and you have NO IDEA how much stuff I've gotten rid of. I have literally given away about 20 garbage bags worth of stuff, and have thrown out about that much. I have SO MUCH storage space now. And everything is so clean and organized. (You should see how organized my books are!! It's beautiful!)
And of course, I need to talk about my man. Things have been going really well. I have never been this in love. I'm not sure what else to say; he's kind of perfect.
I'm trying to think of what else I wanted to say, but I'm coming up blank for now. I'll [hopefully] be updating a little more often from now on, so if anything comes up, you'll know ;)
love love love xox
No comments:
Post a Comment