It's a Saturday night. The living room looks like a tornado hit. My bedroom is even worse (though that's not 'cause of a tornado, hehehe ;) ). My desk is a mess. And despite all this chaos, I am as happy as I have ever been. For anyone who knows me in the slightest, this is a shocker. I'm severely OCD remember? This sort of mess and disaster would normally send me into massive anxiety attacks. So why am I so happy? Because today was a great day, and I've done something I've never done before. Two things actually.
First, last night, I was EXHAUSTED. I had only gotten three hours of sleep the night before and I had just gotten my Remicade (which usually kills me) and I had had a long stressful day at school (handed in two essays and wrote a test). So I went to bed at 830pm. And woke up at noon today. It was wonderful. Best night of sleep I've had in a long time. Felt good to recharge my batteries. It also reset my sleep schedule because I had been going to bed really late every night the previous week and then sleeping all day. So it felt really good. Which is probably why I had a good day today.
I got SOO much done today! I hung out with my man, finished an essay, did some research for my presentation and then prepared my twenty minute presentation for Monday. On a Saturday night. The night before Halloween. In the past, I would've taken this time to go out with friends and maybe not necessarily party but do something fun and celebrate the spookiest time of the year. But not this year. I stayed home and did schoolwork. And ya know what? I'm really proud of myself. Now I can relax a bit tomorrow. I only have a couple of readings to do tomorrow now. And I'm going to my sister's for supper, which is awesome. I get to see my nieces in their Halloween costumes! (My oldest niece, who's going to be five in December) is dressing up as Woody from Toy Story and the youngest one (who's two) is going to be a kitty. So I'm super excited. This is a great weekend. And here I was, worried and stressed out that it was going to be a brutally hard weekend. Yay for being wrong.
Also, tomorrow, I'm editing Cocaine and Regrets because I'm meeting with Mr. John Barton, a published author and writer in residence to UNB, to go over my stories and discuss what needs to be improved in order to submit to the contest. YAY. I'll also post another super short story here tomorrow; it's a bit more emotional though. You'll see.
Anywho, until later all! lovelovelove
No comments:
Post a Comment