Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feelin' Good

It's been a bit of a rough week, but it's finally looking up! First of all, my man comes home tonight! YAY!! I get to have him for two whole weeks! The only thing that kind of sucks about the timing is that I have A LOT of schoolwork to get done in the next week and a half. Balls. Oh well, small price to pay for excellence. School is going well. I'm almost all caught up. Have a lot due. Very exciting. I get to write a short story instead of an essay for my Women's Writing class. I think that's awesome.
I haven't really updated on my health lately. Three weeks ago, I got quite sick. Turned out to be a moderate Crohn's flare-up. They had to put me back on cortisone (steroids) for a couple of weeks, which hardcore sucks 'cause that means that I'm gonna gain more weight and puff up like a balloon. On the bright side, my stomach is feeling much better. So yeah. I also saw my psychiatrist yesterday and we changed the dosage of my mood stabilizer. He wants to take me off my anti-psychotic, but has to make sure my moods and anxiety are stable before he does that. I had a couple of down days this week, but I feel much better now.
And the icing on the cake? I've actually been WANTING to write!! For months now, I haven't really touched any of my writing because I haven't felt like it. I was worried that my pills were killing my creative edge. But I've gotten back to it and it's even better than before. I find myself being able to concentrate and focus more clearly and able to convey my thoughts more clearly. It's nice.
And on that note, I'm gonna go get ready for my man's homecoming. Will post again soon! lovelovelove all!

No comments: