Sunday, May 2, 2010

Je vis sur l'amour

I just mastered a new skill tonight. Part of my happiness project is that I try new things, and learn at least one thing every day. Tonight, I finally mastered how to make a grilled cheese. No, I seriously couldn't before. I would always burn them. But after listening to the wise teachings of my best friend Alissa, I have finally learned that you need to flip it A LOT in order to get a good grilled cheese. And it was delicious. So yay me.
It's been a surprisingly busy weekend. My buddy Dave came over Friday and we watched Star Wars Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones since I hadn't seen them yet. We had a good time. But then again, it's always a good time with Dave. Yesterday was my niece Abigail's second birthday party. I missed it 'cause my drive was late, but I still got to see the girls and have pizza and cake. So it was all good fun. And tonight, I did my favourite chore: laundry. I don't know why, but I've always liked doing my laundry. I find it really soothing to fold my clothes. I'm a loser, I know :P
And today marks Day Five that my man is gone. It's always hardest the first week. Plus, I'm going home to Campbellton next week for a week, so that'll make the time go by faster. 
And now it's only 1015pm and I'm already ready for bed. Go figure. I'm such an old woman. Good night all :) xox

No comments: