Sunday, May 30, 2010

Go Sweden

My boyfriend has awesome taste in movies. And music. He's actually a bit of an elitist, something that I both love and hate about him. Tonight, he made me watch one of his favourite movies. It's a vampire movie. But it's not a horror movie. And it was made in Sweden. It's called "Let the Right One In." And I have to admit: It was pretty damn awesome. It follows the strange relationship that a young boy named Oskar develops with a vampire named Eli. Sounds corny, I know, but it was brilliant. Definitely recommend it. 
I also went to see "Robin Hood" last week. I can't decide if I liked it or not. It was entertaining, a good popcorn movie, but to quote Magoo: "It wasn't memorable." Plus I was disappointed because I thought it would be about when he actually becomes Robin Hood, but it was more like "Robin Hood's life before he became Robin Hood." So yeah. 
Has anybody else seen some good movies lately?

1 comment:

Alexandre said...

If you want another good foreign vampire movie watch the Korean movie Thirst.