Monday, November 12, 2012

Grateful

In light of Remembrance Day this past weekend, and all the talk of being grateful for those who gave their lives, it got me thinking about all the things for which I'm grateful. Here's what I have so far:

-Hot showers
-The ability to read and write
-My wonderful parents
-The incredible friends who stand by me and support me
-My man, also known as my sometimes better half, who has done more for me in the past year than I will ever be able to thank him for
-All the wonderful writers, storytellers, book designers, and illustrators out there who give birth to works of art every day
-My own personal talents and gifts
-The plentiful food in my life
-Books in every shape and form
-My nieces and nephews and the joy they bring to my life
-My animals, who have saved my life more than once
-The days when my health is good. Never ever take your health for granted. "When the well is dry, you know the worth of water."
-Clean water and the abundance of it in my life
-Four seasons
-My bed
-The safety of my country, my home
-My new pills, which have given me a new lease on life and the ability to find happiness every day
-Happiness, those moments of joy that you experience during the day and you realize how wonderful the moment is
-Rainy days
-The fact that I have a job (well, two now I suppose)
-The fact that I'm able to study
-Barack Obama
-The internet
-How easy it is to survive right now
-Flowers
-My home and its many comforts
-My large yard
-Nature and its many wonders
-Being in love
-Learning new things
-Being alive (after all)

What else could I add to this list?

No comments: