Monday, December 6, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

My last couple of posts have been really sad and depressing, so I think it's time for a change. I've decided to make a lot of changes actually. Consider it a preemptive New Years Resolution List. 


First of all, I've decided that I need to live a much healthier lifestyle. By now, we all now how much I hate my body because of the weight that I've gained due to the dozens of pills I take. So I need to take control (in a lot of areas of my life). For starters, I've decided to become a vegetarian. Well, not a hardcore one. I'm still gonna occasionally eat poultry, but no other meat. I can't really digest red meat anyways and I don't really like pork, so why not right? This means that I'll definitely be eating a lot healthier. And starting Tuesday, I'll be going to the gym every night at 6pm. I've been going only sporadically for the last couple of months, so I need to develop a routine. Oh and I need to stop staying up late. It's becoming a killer. 


Second, I need to stop letting my illnesses define who I am. I sometimes hide behind them, let them control my life. But they don't control me. I control them. I need to fight them; I can't let them hold me back from the things I want. 


And that's something else. Lately, I've been a little hazy about the things I want out of life. The things I want from the people who surround me. Magoo has been frustrated with me lately because he says he can't read my mind. We've been having a couple of minor problems. I know it'll all pass, it's just a little rough right now. Anywho, his problem with me is that I'm not assertive enough. I have a hard time expressing what I want. So I definitely need to work on that. I'm a bit of a pushover; I let people walk all over me. So that needs to change. 


There's much more, but I think I'll leave it at that for tonight. I'm getting tired, so I'm out for the night. Mouah mouah! 

No comments: