Sunday, November 28, 2010

[I've] Come Undone

I'm currently reading She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb, and I must say that it is fantastic. Really emotional and moving. Touches very close to home for me, especially because the main character is, at one point, raped. 
I know that in life, you are not what has been done to you, but rather, you are who you choose to be. I agree with this to a certain point. There have been four major events in my life that have completely altered the course that my life was meant to take. The first one I won't discuss on the internet, as it's a matter of privacy for the other person involved. The second one was at the age of fourteen when I was raped. The third was at sixteen when I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. And the fourth was this year, when I was diagnosed with Bipolar Mood Disorder. I realise that these events do not define me, but they have made me who I am.
For example, because of what I have been through, I will not tolerate sexual abuse in any form. It physically upsets me and makes me really anxious. 
This past week, I've learnt a lot about myself. And ya know what? I kinda like who I am. Idiosyncrasies and all :)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I like who you are too - in fact I love who you are.
[tic tac toe]