I'm really sad. Not sure why I'm feeling so depressed these past couple of days.
One thing that makes me sad - I've gotten a lot of feedback on my story, but no one has told me whether they actually liked it or not.
And I've been alone a lot. And cooped up in the house. I don't think it's healthy.
I don't know what to do with myself.
1 comment:
Reflecting back on what I said earlier, it's true that I neglected to mention whether or not I liked your story or not. Though thematically, what the story talks about, is not my cup of tea (which, in the end, is merely about preference and has no bearing on your), I did enjoy it.
But even beyond that, beyond any particular story, is that I admire (admire isn't the right word, but I'm at a loss for it right now: something akin to respect immensely) the effort you put into it.
You may or may not have read what I put up as the first parter of a short story: it was horrid. I did not like what I wrote at all (or rather, how I wrote it)
More importantly, though, when I write I become self-conscious. When you present a text to someone (or several someones), it is very much putting yourself there. People can talk about how the story is there to be seen objectively beyond the author, but for the author, I doubt that's true very often. It is a personal struggle to bring into words, into something not only coherent, but unified in its attempt to teach, explain, describe or simply talk. It is an act and you present that act to the population.
That is not easy. And that's why, beyond any particular story I respect what you do. SOme stories I will love, some will not affect me as much, maybe. But your constant endeavors as an author will always make me respect any text you put out.
Post a Comment