No, I'm not dead actually. I've just been on vacation for twelve days. Where you ask? A small paradise known as Home.
My parents own a hundred acres of land in the North of New Brunswick, just outside of Campbellton. It's mostly forest, but all beautiful. There's a large yard, with a nice little garden that my Mum fills with tomatoes, beans and potatoes, and she also has an incredible flower garden all along the house. My Dad takes good care of the land, and there's this really cool trail that leads up into the forest-y mountain, up to where they have a little camp in the middle of nowhere with a breathtaking view of the valley. In short, it's pretty fucking awesome.
I love going home. The smells are my favourite: the fresh dew of spring in the morning, homemade cookies, and fire burning in the wood stove.
I had a wonderful time, but I'm also glad to be back in Freddy. I missed my cats and all my trivial things. I cleaned the whole apartment today. It was exhausting. BUT my Man gets home tonight (he's been up North, at work, for three weeks) so it's a good day today :) (And yes, I realise this is the first I speak of him, but that'll all come up soon enough :D)
And now, I am off to read "Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures." I'm halfway done, and it's really good so far. Definitely recommended. Have a good night all :)
2 comments:
Hey (this is Alex),
I recommend you check out Oh Pure and Radiant Heart by Lydia Millet. It is a story that "brings three of the physicists responsible for creating the atomic bomb to life in modern-day New Mexico, where they acquire a cult following and embark on a crusade for redemption."
Hmm I'll have to check it out :)
I finished Bloodletting, and have now started "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides. It's eerily good so far.
Post a Comment